Typical delicious paste from La Gomera in the Canary Island, Spain.
This paste is made with;
- hard and extra mature goats cheese,
- olive oil,
- and dried spicy red peppers (without seeds).
Traditionally you would mix it all in a wooden mortar and pestle.
- The garlic will be mashed with the salt,
- then you add the chopped cheese into a very thick paste,
- then you put the oil in and spicy pepper until it “Wows” your taste buds.
Nowadays everything goes into a modern blender. The quantities are pretty much left to each person’s taste however the cheese is the main ingredient.
Almogrote is eaten with bread or toasts and it goes very well with a glass of red wine.
Thank you very much for the visit, and see you soon!