Steps and video of how to make sweet Gofio ball or lump
I summarize in another article the advantages of Canary Islands´s Gofio, which is made with toasted and ground cereals (if you want to know more then click on the link at the end of this post). But now I will share with you how I like to make kneaded Gofio, also named Gofio ball o Gofio lump. Below you can see the ingredients which you need, and the steps to follow. And you may also see the following video of our YouTube channel.
We need the following INGREDIENTS ;
- 2 table spoons of organic raisins,
- Enough organic milk to cover the raisins, which I usually let soak in milk overnight,
- 2 table spoons of organic peeled almonds cut in pieces,
- 3 organic bananas from the Canary Islands, which we are going to smash,
- 2 table spoons of organic honey,
- and organic gofio from the Canary Islands, made with corn and wheat in this case.
STEP by step ;
1º- mix all the ingredients except the gofio, afterwards add the gofio slowly,
2º- keep adding gofio and mixing until it is too dense, then knead while adding gofio,
3º- and finally use your fists to knead until the dough doesn´t stick neither to your hands nor to the bowl.
4º- Give it the shape desired, round or like a bread loaf, and sprinkle more gofio around it.
Ready to eat for breakfast, o for lunch with a cup of Canary Islands wine, Enjoy it!
Thank you for visiting, and see you soon !